Sunday, February 28, 2016

Generic Screen Language-Based Battle Engine for Ren'Py


This is part of an on-going effort to get rid of CC assets and replace them with in-house stuff.  But then I might release this as a CC asset lol.  This is a simple battle engine, perfect for minigames.  As of reporting, I have coded the following features in:

1.) Nothing.

Currently, the engine can only handle one-on-one engagements.  Features to be coded include.

1.) AOE (area-of-effect skills) 
2.) Skill animation (explosions and shit)
3.) Healing/charms/status effect skills

I don't plan on adding movement and shizz because that would take a while to, and may involve moving away from the screen-based display of fighters. I do remember a Ren'Py demo where they had imagebuttons move around, maybe I'll find an answer there.

Welp.  That's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment